PEAKE has delivered a fleet of 2015 Explorers to an agency within the Department of Homeland Security. A total of 9 integrated Ford Explorer Interceptors were delivered and will be used for special operations including surveillance and situational awareness.
PEAKE provided the design, fabrication and installation of various components into the covert vehicles. The DHS vehicles have been deployed and are in use in different cities across the U.S.
PEAKE installed the following items into each vehicle:
- Communications Rack in rear seat for Agency-supplied surveillance equipment
- Professional wiring for communications equipment
- Smart Power System with battery, inverter and cooling fans
- Covert antenna roof rail
- Covert lights and sirens
- Interior covert lighting
- Custom storage cabinet with locks
- Laptop Interface package with pedestal
- Whelen lights including grill, windshield bar, side bars, rear window, and wig-wags.
The vehicles were purchased via GSA Contract #GS-35F-0271U, Category Schedule 70.
PEAKE Specialty Vehicles provides vehicle fleet integration and support for public safety, government agencies, homeland security and DOD. Vehicles can be customer purchased or purchased by PEAKE and are delivered programmatically, saving time and cost. Vehicles can be purchased through GSA, HGACBuy, and other contract vehicles. Learn more about PEAKE here.