PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as a Windows System Administrator at Eglin Air Force Base, Navarre, FL. Active Secret Security Clearance is required to start.
Desired qualifications: BS +4 years of related experience.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Analyze, logs, track and resolve complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs
- Coordinate hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommend resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action
- Coordinate, monitor and troubleshoot to isolate and diagnose common system problems; document system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommend course of action and implements as approved
- Utilize knowledge of group policy objects to maintain and secure client workstations and servers
- Utilize DNS and active directory, domain services, active directory users and computers to build and maintain multiple domains
- Oversee the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensure installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determine revisions or updates to installation as needed
- Coordinate testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensure changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommend revisions or changes based upon results. Prepare for and prescribe approaches to possible downstream implications
- Utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes
- Provide hardware troubleshooting, upgrade, and repair; Software integration, TCP/IP and/or Network Management; Desktop Application Support; Customer service in support of military member instructors and POCs.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Work with Remedy ticketing system on both Navy and Air Force.
- Work on base telephones to include VOIP.
MUST HAVE Skills:
Windows 7/10 environment experience
Server 2008R2/2012R2 experience
Proficient in MS Office products
Must hold a Valid USA Drivers License
NICE TO HAVE Skill: VOIP experience
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
Required Baseline Certs: IAT Level II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security +CE or SSCP
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time