PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately for a position as a Video Teleconference (VTC) Engineer. This position works on the AV Engineering Team supporting a government customer in Arlington, VA with video teleconferencing services. Active DoD Security clearance (Secret or higher) required.
- Provides support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting Cisco VG350 Series Gateways to provide added flexibility during migration to unified communications by supporting traditional analog devices on IP networks. These devices include analog phones, fax machines, modems, voicemail systems, and speakerphones.
- Assists with the evaluation, design, documentation, installation/implementation, testing and deployment of a new Cisco VTC Enterprise environment
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation (O&M support post-deployment).
- Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Performs setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
- Provides client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC Systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Bachelors Degree preferred in related field or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- No Less than 3 years current experience in maintaining, troubleshooting and configuring VTC systems.
- Must have active DOD Secret clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certified – Security+ CE, Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), or System Security Certified Practitioner (SCCP).
- Working knowledge of Cisco video and voice technologies (VG350 and VG202 Series Gateways, high density gateway service modules, Cisco telepresence or Unified Border element)
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Cisco.
- Knowledge of AMX, Crestron, or Extron control systems.
- Understanding of Department of Defense (DOD) & DISA VTC requirements.
- Has the communication skills to effectively operate in a military environment.
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including :
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
- VTC engineering: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- DoD Active Secret Clearance