PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as a VMware System Administrator.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot and provide assistance to remote sites of the virtualization environment. Monitor, maintain and inventory; network infrastructure, network systems and components, system administration and desktop systems with associated peripheral equipment.
- Deploy and maintain enterprise virtual desktop infrastructure environments. Apply patches, updates and upgrades to servers, workstations and stored images. Perform network scans as requested/required. Build required reports and submit to appropriate personnel for review.
Must Have Skills:
- Problem detection, resolution and maintenance on the following software: VMware vSphere 5.5 and newer – VMware Horizon View – Microsoft Windows 7 desktop and newer – Microsoft Server 2012 and newer
- Experience with installation, problem detection, resolution and maintenance on the following hardware: Dell Servers, Cisco UCS Servers
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, Microsoft Office 2010 and newer professional products.
- The following are ‘nice to have’ – Experience with installation, problem detection, resolution and maintenance on the following hardware: Storage Area Network experience – iSCSI, FCoE, EMC Storage, VMware VSAN, ACAS, DoD STIG, Symantec Altiris, VMware ThinApp, Liquidware ProfileUnity, are a plus.
Clearance Requirement: Must have Secret to Start Work
Required Baseline Certs: IAT Level II (Security+ CE)
Required Training:VMware vSphere, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 10
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:BS + 4 yrs related experience
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time