PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Severna Park, Maryland. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated individual to join our proposal writing team as a technical writer and consultant. This freelance position focuses on a full range of activities through the various stages and color reviews during the federal proposal development process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Business Development team and Executive Management to identify pertinent opportunities and develop and review of proposal strategies and win themes.
- Directs federal proposal activities, including managing proposal team, schedules and deadlines; creating proposal outline and compliance matrix as needed, and overseeing the general progress of the proposal through color review and submission process.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes complex technical information, primarily for technical approach sections of federal proposal responses.
- Compiles unstructured, raw information into final, complete, and compelling technical proposal content/volume
- Edits, standardizes, or makes changes to material prepared by other writers or technical PEAKE personnel during structured color review meetings.
- Analyzes gathered content for proposal response and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Analyzes RFP/bid requirements to verify compliance and improve win probability.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word including advanced level template and style creation expertise
- Must have a demonstrated/verifiable track record of proven success in the submission of technically compliant federal proposal submissions.
- Strong written (technical and management) and oral communications skills
- Successful proposal writing experience (previous examples of work and references required)
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Contract
- Federal Proposal Writing: 5 years