PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as IT application development supportfor OTSP Division of Directly Collected Periodic Surveys (DCPS) and the Division of Safety and Health Systems (DSHS) in support of Office of Compensation and Working Conditions (OCWC). This Software Engineer will work in an Agile software development environment. Position requires Public Trust Security Clearance to start work.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Must possess the ability to work as an integral part of an Agile team to deliver high quality products and services.
– Participate in the development, modernization, and enhancement of the OCWC Systems. This will require a good understanding of the application’s user stories, writing high quality and reusable codes to implement user stories, and thorough unit testing of the user stories.
– Support system and acceptance testing of the user stories with Government staff.
Requires Public Trust Security Clearance.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- 3+ years overall software development experience.
- 3+ years of software programming experience – Java, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, RESTful web services, Spring Data, Hibernate / MyBatis, JPA, Eclipse IDE / WebStorm IDE.
- 1+ years of experience on databases and related tools – SQL, PL-SQL, Oracle, SQL Developer
- Hands on experience on using and configuration of any of the following web application servers – Jboss, Weblogic.
- Knowledge of 508 compliant software application is desirable.
- Knowledge of software testing and debugging is desirable.
Ability to work on agile based software development environment.
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 3 years
- web user interface development: 2 years
- software programming: 3 years
- Security Clearance (Public Trust or above)