PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as a Senior Splunk Engineer. Active DoD Secret clearance is required to start work (TS preferred).
As a Cyber Security Splunk Engineer, you will implement and conduct engineering activities in accordance with the organization’s relevant approved processes, technical operations and strategic vision. The position is responsible for the technical management, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting, of enterprise-wide monitoring systems, applications and related infrastructure; ensuring that any issues that may adversely impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of computing resources are identified, properly alerted and promptly resolved. This mid-level engineer position will understand and interpret customer requirements for Splunk implementation for an enterprise solution.
- Designing, engineering, configuring and administering Splunk 6.x content
- Maintain the existing system and install additional hardware resources and fix the rules/queries so that they are more efficient in order to save cycles and free up resources
- Engineer and build out new hardware (Nutanix) as it is installed on the network – specifically Splunk on that Hardware
- Assisting in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, plug-ins, loggers and connectors
- Building Splunk reports
- Developing dashboards with visual metrics for stakeholders to maximize usefulness of the information.
- Defining strategy and design around data collection, aggregations, and summarization processes
- Integrating external data sources into Splunk
- Enforcing best practices related to summarizing and querying data
- Developing advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements
- Partnering with other enterprise teams to support data capture and advanced data analytics and forecasting efforts to support proactive identification of issues
- Providing recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Designing the Splunk system solution to meet growth while maintaining a balance between performance, stability, scalability and agility
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- SIEM content management
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related discipline
- Demonstrated 7+ years knowledge and hands-on experience in security with an emphasis in engineering design, system analytics, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies used for security defense areas such as: network, storage/back, platforms (Windows/Linux Servers and desktops)
- 6-10 years of experience with Splunk, network security, system security, and supporting security information and event management (SIEM)
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of information engineering projects; systems analysis, design and programming using standard tools and methods
- Security+ CE
- Secret clearance; TS preferred
- Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk DoD deployments highly preferred
- Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
- Experience with performing hunt activities in an incident response role
- Experience with security tools, including Firewall, IDS, Active Directory, Nmap, Burp, Proxy, or Bro
- Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time