PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as aSenior Java Developer who will support the design, development and maintenance of Navy training systems. Essential skills for this position include full life cycle application development experience using web-based Java EE technologies (JSF, JPA and EJBs) using both traditional waterfall and Agile development methodologies. The ideal candidate will possess familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle to include familiarity with PL/SQL. In addition, the candidate will also be familiar with developing web services using SOAP/WSDL and/or RESTful implementations.
Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field of study + 6 years of qualified work experience.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Developing application software by coding in Java
- Performing unit and functional testing
- Designing and implementing data model objects
- Analyzing root causes for abnormal system operation
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies and collaborating with team members to best fulfill client requirements
MUST HAVE Skills:
- Application design and development experience using JEE (JSF, JPA and EJBs) with exposure to Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle, and familiarity with database functions, procedures and PL/SQL.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills who works well on teams as well as independently. Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and analysis skills.
NICE TO HAVE Skills: (not required to be successful, but helpful knowledge)
- Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate/Toplink) and/or presentation layer libraries (RichFaces/PrimeFaces/Bootstrap)
- Exposure to and knowledge of DevOps concepts including cloud (AWS, Azure), automated testing, builds and deployments.
- Experience using Java to develop SOAP-based and/or RESTful web services
Clearance Requirement: Must have a Secret Clearance to start work.
Baseline Certs: Prefer Security+ CE or equivalent IAT Level II certification
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time