PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as a Principal Systems Engineer at the Pentagon Force Protection Agency. Position requires active DoD Secret clearance.
The Pentagon Force Protection Agency is a civilian Law Enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Defense charged with protecting and safeguarding the occupants, visitors, and infrastructure of The Pentagon, the Mark Center Building, the Defense Health Headquarters, and other assigned Pentagon facilities.
This is a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Network, System, Process, and Cyber Admins and Engineers. This team is responsible for re-architecting and constructing the operational environment undergirding of the current and future IT platform of one of the most significant defense office buildings in the world. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the safety and protection of tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Principal Systems Engineer with combination of Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and VMware experience. Supports design and definition and implementation of system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Conduct project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Use enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on servers utilizing direct-attached and SAN attached storage to design and implement system infrastructure upgrades.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments
- Work in partnership with Business/Apps partner and other Engineering teams to translate requirements into deliverables
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Must participate and provide technical leadership, managing individual project-based assignments
- Establishes plans and templates guiding overall technical architecture format and direction for program infrastructure platform.
- Develops briefings and white papers presenting strategic technical recommendations, impacts, assessments and guidance for business operations.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provides timely status updates
- Quickly learns new tools and resolve issues using all available resources.
- Publishes technical standards including white papers.
- Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
- Require MCSE or equivalent
- Strongly desire MS clustering, high availability, backup and disaster recovery design and implementation experience.
- Desired characteristics are a proactive thinker, technical leader and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box while collaborating and providing technical oversight to a team of engineers.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies. Includes Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2, Windows 10, SQL Server 2012 and 2014, and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with RedHat Linux
- Foundational knowledge around Oracle
- Hands on experience with tiered storage, replication, DR, and snap shot technologies.
- Working knowledge of integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking, VPN’s, switching, and routing
- Must have troubleshooting and deep dive skills around VMware
- Scripting experience preferred (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell)
- Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus
- Experience with off-premises and on-premises cloud services is a plus
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with change management and process management
- HPE 3PAR and MSA storage experience a plus
- Microsoft IIS and Microsoft SharePoint experience is a plus
- ITIL Knowledge helpful
Required licenses or certifications:
- MCSE or equivalent
- Must have DoD Secret clearance
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time