PEAKE has an opportunity for a Junior Windows System Administrator working with a large line of business within GDIT that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area. We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The Junior Windows System Administrator will perform system administrative duties in support of PFPA Security Integration and Technology Support (PSITS) operations including:
- Support and participate in execution of the operations and management of a group of Windows Operating Systems: Servers (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) and Workstations (Windows 7 and 10) on both PFPA’s Life Safety Backbone (LSB) and Joint Service Provider hosted locations.
- Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration.
- Develop update of documentation and management of GPOs across complex multiple domain, network environment
- Manage, monitor and respond to alerting for systems and services maintained
- Implement patches and upgrades to ensure server and workstation environment in compliance with DoD STIG and Information Assurance regulations.
- Support implementation of Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Participate in System Administration On Call rotational support roster
- Participate in troubleshooting and tiger team resolution of operational issues
- Support in developing documentation and adherence of operational execution in compliance with program and customer change and configuration management processes and procedures
- Support as part of team in establishing standard operations and maintenance activities and procedures
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance included Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus
Preferred: A combination of experience and/or exposure/familiarity in the following areas:
Experience supporting MS Active Directory services
Experience supporting MS Server 2012R2
Experience developing and applying AD GPOs in a DoD environment
Experience automating system management and monitoring using SCCM
Experience implementing and supporting enterprise disaster recovery solutions in a virtual environment
Experience patching Windows systems in a DoD environment
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year