PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately at the Naval Air Station Patuxent River (southern Maryland) for a position as a Junior Software Engineer. Some CONUS travel will be required (1 week/quarter). Active DoD Security clearance (Secret or higher) required.
PEAKE is seeking a Junior Software Engineer with two (2) or more years’ relevant work experience. This position supports the Aircraft Signatures and Measurements Branch of the Atlantic Test Range at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland. This position will develop custom software supporting the Radar Cross Section and Electronic Warfare teams. Development is done on Windows and Red Hat Linux using Qt as the development environment. The selected candidate will:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Employ disciplined systems engineering practices to determine operational feasibility by defining requirements and problems, analyzing and evaluating potential solutions, proposing and developing approved solutions
- Document and demonstrate needs and solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures as warranted
- Identify and recommend relevant software and tools by obtaining required information from vendors and testing and approving products
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing environments and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Adhere to rigorous security protocols
- Provide information to team members by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering Mathematics, or Physics from a school of engineering is required, having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). The selected applicant must have at least two (2) years’ experience subsequent to earning a relevant bachelor’s degree.
The selected applicant must have demonstrated extensive ability in C++ programming. The selected applicant must be able to work independently to complete tasking. Effective communication skills are needed to ensure interfaces and requirements are understood across the ASAM Branch Teams and end-users. The select applicant will also be assessed on the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs): analyzing information and requirements; general programming skills; software fundamentals: design, development, debugging, documentation, and testing; problem solving; teamwork; and the ability to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate KSAs in the following: programming in Qt, Red Hat Linux, network protocols, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques, MySQL, MATLAB, and DoD security practices.
Security Clearance: An active DoD clearance is required to start . A Top Secret will be required. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees
Job Type: Full-time