PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as a Java Developerfor a software developer who will support the design, development, and maintenance of Navy training systems. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience designing and developing web based systems using Java EE technologies in a multi-tiered environment. This includes working with front-end components, business logic, workflow logic, backend systems as well as integration endpoints. Oracle specific knowledge is preferred. Knowledge of PL/SQL is a definite plus.
Desired qualifications: AS + 4 years of related experience.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Developing software through participation in Agile Scrum ceremonies and collaborating with team members to best fulfill client requirements.
- Conducting Application Unit Testing (AUT) by creating test scenarios, documenting test cases, creating test data and tracking test defects.
- Participating in software design reviews and problem tracking management to bring defects to a resolution.
- Participating in integration planning with the team to ensure seamless integration with other system modules.
- Developing Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) and Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs) for preliminary design reviews, and creating tables and views as specified in the SCRUM software process.
- Reviewing business requirements, system requirements and technical specification.
- Participating in meetings and discussions involving various organizational levels which include the NETC CIO, upper management, and the training operations staff.
- Communicating effectively with client management and system team leads on project status, problems, and critical issues.
Must Have Skills
- Experience implementing SOA principles and developing web services using the Apache CXF framework.
- Application design and development experience using Java EE with JSF, JPA and EJB technologies.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills who works well on teams as well as independently. Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and analysis skills.
Nice to Have Skills
- Familiarity with DODAF artifacts
- Relational Database (Oracle) with PL/SQL
- JBOSS SOA-P-5 and JBOSS EAP-6
Clearance Requirement: Must have Secret to Start Work
Required Baseline Certs: Security+ CE or equivalent IAT Level II certification
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time