PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as an IT Operations Associate.
- Monitors and operates computer electronic digital computers to process business, scientific, engineering, or other data according to operating instructions; ensures that correct peripheral equipment is utilized and moves switches to clear system and operates the equipment; selects and loads input and output units with materials.
- Continuously observes equipment, storage devices, printers and control panels for operator messages or error indicators.
- Sets up and runs diagnostic test and reacts appropriately to the messages and reports errors or machine malfunctions as required.
- May perform work incidental to machine operations such as maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock items, and distributing output materials.
- Operates peripheral equipment to perform such operations as tape-to-printer. May work with multiple systems.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: AA or equivalent +2 years directly related work experience.
- Work hours are 1400 – 2230 (CST) Wednesday – Sunday
- Implement current NIPR and SIPR standard operating procedures (SOP) and perform the technical procedures necessary to maintain the daily operations of an enterprise level network and data center
- Monitor NIPR and SIPR enterprise environment for error indicators and escalate discrepancies to device and applications owners in order to assist with troubleshooting and recovery
- Coordinate, schedule and direct operation of computer systems, LAN management, and other related equipment to ensure timely processing of data
- Maintain and update manuals, which contain comprehensive instructions concerning both routine and unusual situations
- Conduct daily review of maintenance log, backup tape log and equipment malfunction log
- Coordinate computer room security
- Comply with Government security, fire and emergency procedures and regulations
- Monitor fire detection CO2 system
- Contract requires AA degree and
MUST Have Skills:
- MS Office Suite 2016
- MS Server 2008 and 2012
- Symantec Net backup
- IT Ticketing System, such as Remedy or ITSM
Nice to have skills:
- Intermapper Monitoring Software
- Lennel Alarming Monitoring System
- Sciencelogic EM7 Monitoring Software
Clearance Requirement: Secret clearance
Required Baseline Certs: IAT Level II (CCNA-Security or GICSP or GSEC or Security + ce or SSCP)
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time