PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as an IT Business Analyst who will support the development and maintenance of Navy training systems. Active Secret Clearance required.
The analyst facilitates communication and understanding between the business and project team, and is responsible for evaluating business needs, defining use cases/user stories, and identifying the appropriate solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience eliciting software requirements from stakeholders, analyzing and documenting those requirements with either Waterfall or Agile documentation, and translating the requirements into a format understandable to the software developers. Other responsibilities will include developing and executing test scripts or scenarios; facilitating user acceptance testing; creating and tracking system projects; addressing system incidents and documenting solutions; responding to informational requests; and providing other related support to our Navy customer with a sense of urgency and due professional care.
Desired Qualifications: BS +6yrs relevant work experience.
Active Security Clearance.
IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP); must be obtained within 6 months of start date.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the team during Sprint Planning and participate in the planning to accomplish items from backlog.
- Developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria, and create and execute test scenarios and scripts.
- Participating in daily standup meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Participating in backlog management and maintain an emphasis on user experience and specifications.
- Providing Tier 2 trouble-shooting support on assigned applications for the Naval Education and Training Command Information Technology department.
- Utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills to work well with teams as well as independently.
- Business analysis knowledge and experience in traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Experience developing user stories.
- Experience with software testing methodologies.
- Experience using Microsoft office suite 2010/2016 and related tools.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with SQL, JAVA, JIRA, and/or AWS.
- Certified Scrum Master or other Agile-related certification and training.
- Familiarity with CeTARS or other Navy training systems.
Job Type: Full-time