PEAKE is a fast-growing technology company based in Maryland. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Team immediately as an ADP Tier III Analyst, Computer Systems Analyst (Level III).
Senior Tipping Point Engineer with a thorough knowledge and in-depth, hands-on understaning of Tipping Point to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the system to prevent outages and maximize system effectiveness and efficiencies.
Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinate with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives. Provide daily supervision and direction to support staff. The Contractor shall support the monitoring of wired (classified and unclassified) and wireless networks with onsite manning to support 24x7x365 operations to include weekends, holidays, and days the government is shut down. The Contractor shall have at least two personnel on duty after business hours and be able to recall personnel to the affected Government site location within 2 hours to support cyber operations.
Tier 3 (LCAT 3) (Data Mining, Event Correlation and Quality Review) personnel shall perform advanced data mining; event correlation and quality review of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts and if necessary, validate the Tier 2 analysts findings. Coordinate with other peer organizations and work with the ADP Security Engineers to improve the teams overall detection/prevention capabilities. Author and modify IDS/IPS/WIDS/WIPS signatures and configurations as well as defining SIEM content. The Contractor shall escalate issues to vendors as needed.
- DoD Secret Clearance (Top Secret preferred)
- Current DoD 8570.01-M CSWF IAT Level II certification
- CEH or CND-A Certification
- Six to Ten+ years’ relevant experience to include AS&W, IDS, WIDS, WIPS and SIEM
Monitoring of wired (classified and unclassified) and wireless networks with onsite manning to support 24x7x365 operations to include weekends, holidays, and days the government is shut down. The Contractor shall have at least two personnel on duty after business hours and be able to recall personnel to the affected Government site location within 2 hours to support cyber operations. Correlation and Analysis personnel perform ADP Data correlation and strategic analysis, in addition to real-time monitoring and analysis. This will consist of historical correlation and data mining. Tier 2 analysts shall validate and report on what is escalated by Tier 1 ADP analysts and provide guidance to all of the Tier 1 analysts. They shall also provide feedback and recommendations for the different types of events that they see. Designated Tier 2 analysts will perform signature analysis/creation and/or assist Tier 3 analysts and the ADP Security Researchers with signature production/modification and configuration changes. All Tier 2 analysts will support the ADP Security Engineers with ongoing projects if additional assistance is needed. The issue escalates to Tier 3 personnel when required. TIER 2 shall comprise no less than 40 percent of the ADP staff.
- Collect, normalize, and correlate network/host event data on U.S. Classified, Unclassified (wired and wireless), and a government owned commercial circuit for identification of unauthorized insider activity, criminal activity, and advanced persistent threats.
- Monitor the Pentagon backbone networks for network and computer intrusions or attacks.
- Apply configurations to the detection systems to allow detection of signature based and anomalous activity.
- Detect suspicious activity and create cases for action by the Incident Handling Branch.
- Apply both vendor and custom signatures to prevent, detect, and block malicious activity.
- Maintain an automated log of key actions to include changes to configuration and signatures.
- Maintain an SOP of all required actions and procedures.
The analyst will provide support for the ADP team to manage and perform active defense and prevention network security monitoring functions for the Attack Sensing &Warning (AS&W) of JSP tenants and customers throughout the National Capital Region. The JSP sensor grid includes the Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Wireless IDS (WIDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), web content filtering, enterprise proxy, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) decryption, firewall, Packet Capture (PCAP), net flow, session and system log data which is fed and correlated in the enterprise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) System. Operate the JSP ADP Program IAW applicable CNDSP Evaluation Scoring Metrics, DoD and CJCSM regulations along with CND SOPs and government direction. This capability will be required for U.S. Secret, U.S. Unclassified networks, and a commercial connection.
- Provide an onsite support, staffing plan/roster for the 24x7x365 ADP offices located in the Pentagon, and potential surge support to meet mission critical AS&W requirements. Validate the staffing plan at least monthly to ensure accuracy.
- The ADP Team is the nucleus for DCO and should be able to conduct basic incident triage, and provide IDS console management around the clock. If additional IH or IDS/WIDS functions require immediate attention due to the nature of the security risk or additional technical expertise, the analyst will escalate the issue and contact the assigned IH points of contacts as needed. The analyst will update as needed and verify the information on the after-hour staff plan and on-call roster are accurate.
PEAKE offers great benefits to employees, including:
- Pleasant work environment
- Opportunity for advancement within company
- Medical/dental/vision insurance for eligible, full-time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays and retirement planning for eligible, full-time employees
Employees are hired based solely on PEAKE personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate. We do not tolerate nor condone discrimination due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. We will comply with the spirit and letter of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment. Furthermore, we will not discriminate due to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability when making decisions regarding termination of employees.
Job Type: Full-time